24 May 2009

Recent movies


Week before last I saw the new 'Star Trek' movie at the Empire in Leicester Square. Loved the movie, but this isn't a review of the show, instead it's a review of the theatre.

It's a large theatre, with re- served, reclining seating and generally comfortable, except there isn't quite enough distance between rows. Things were fine until someone set in front of me and the back of their chair slammed painfully into my knees. As I also couldn't see well over their head, I asked the attendant if I could move to a more vacant area. I was allowed to do so and so most everything was fine. The only other issue I had was that there were 25 minutes of advertisements before finally getting to the film.



Yesterday I saw 'Coraline' at the Odeon in Camden. Entering the seating area was dodgy as it was very dark going up several steps, requiring me to feel my way along. Once I found my way to my seat, I dis- covered their chairs were stiff, straight and uncomfortable. The commercials at the beginning were thankfully not long (10 minutes total), but were very loud - twice as loud as the movie itself.
(Photo not from the Odeon)

No comments: