13 August 2010

Going Home: Part 1

I'm going to shortly (3 weeks) be back in Florida & in November is the election for state governor. I hadn't thought about this too much until I saw Bill McCollum's bid to win the Teabag vote by proposing a law on illegal immigration - that has the potential to use racial profiling in it's inforcement . (The proposal would require police to check a suspected illegal immigrant's status while enforcing other laws - BBC News)

So I've started researching the alternative candidates -Alex Sink, the Democratic front runner seems to be liked by several of my friends on Facebook. Friends, I might add, whose opinions I respect - but there is a third candidate, someone that needs a closer look - Michael Arth And his blog is here.

I suppose I should mention the other Republican candidate, Lex Luthor umm, Rick Scott Looking at his strong stance on issues, the word bigot comes to mind.

No comments: